There have been ongoing debates within the medical community about health concerns associated with mold. The general consensus is mold doesn’t affect everyone the same way, and in some it seems to have no affect at all or at least in the short term. The amount of time and spore concentration that we can endure in a house with mold contamination remains unknown. We know one thing for sure, mold growth indoors is not a healthy environment to live and in some cases even a small amount of mold exposure can have a large impact on you and your family’s health.
Call for a mold inspection and possibly an indoor air quality test to determine the quality of air your family is breathing for effective Mold Removal.
Everyone is at risk. The ones at higher risk includes:
If you find mold in your home, it’s important for everyone’s health that you call to get mold removal right away.
If you notice any of the symptoms below when you or your family are in the house, you might consider investigating for mold with a mold inspection or an indoor air quality test. In the winter months we may mistake the signs of mold exposure for the common cold, due to the lack of outside ventilation.
Mold symptoms include:
The most common indoor molds are Cladosporium, Penicillium, Aspergillus and Alternaria. Black or Toxic mold is known as Stachybotrys (pronounced “stacky-bow-triss”) Chartarum, It is not uncommon, and certainly not rare. Stachybotrys can produce compounds that have toxic properties known as mycotoxins. Mycotoxins can appear in both living and dead mold spores. While Stachybotrys is growing, a wet slime layer overlays the spores, preventing them from becoming airborne. When the mold dries, air currents or handling can cause spores to become airborne. Stachybotrys Chartarum (also known as Stachybotrys atra) is a greenish-black mold that can grow on wood, fiberboard, drywall, paper, dust and lint. Growth occurs when there is moisture from water damage, excessive humidity, water leaks, condensation, water infiltration, flooding or a combination of the above. Constant moisture is required for growth.
Symptoms of black or toxic mold exposure may not seem life threatening in the beginning.
Over time more serious illnesses may develop such as:
More serious symptoms: