Last Updated on June 21, 2014
Mold and mildew appear in very humid and moist places in your house such as your bathroom or kitchen. Although they might appear quite inoffensive at first, mold and mildew particles can pose you a series of nasty problems that will affect your lifestyle and living conditions in the long run. In fact, here is a short list of problems caused by mold and mildew, so that you know exactly what you are dealing with.
1. Allergies and asthma attacks. These impurities will eventually get in your lungs, especially if you have a lot of mold and mildew in your house. As a result, you might start coughing, sneezing and wheezing and in the long run, you can even develop asthma attacks and various allergies as well. If you care for your health and the health of your family members, get rid of mold and mildew ASAP.
2. Cardiovascular diseases. Very moldy places can make you develop different types of cardiovascular diseases which are very expensive to treat and which will take you through a lot of stress. Basically, mold and mildew interferes with your ability to breathe correctly and if you don’t do anything about this, you might end up in the emergency room pretty soon.
3. Nasty odors. Not only that mold and mildew can put you in a hospital, but they can also ruin your living conditions too, thanks to the nasty, unpleasant, foul odors they release. If you don’t want to feel embarrassed when you have guests, remove mold and mildew from your house immediately.
4. Damaged furniture items. Mold and mildew can easily attack porous materials too such as your wooden furniture pieces. Actually, all your furnishings can be seriously deteriorated in the long run if they sit in moist places for too long and they develop mold and mildew stains. If you don’t want to be forced to spend a fortune on brand new furniture items, find a solution to your mold and mildew problems right away.
5. Unappealing interior design. Mold and mildew usually appears as black stains on your walls, floors and different other surfaces. Such stains can completely ruin the interior design of your house and it will give your guests the impression that you are a careless person.
6. Low home value. In a similar fashion, mold and mildew can dramatically reduce the value of your property too because frankly, who would be interested in spending money on a dirty and even dangerous house? If you have plans of selling your property in the near future, make sure that you clean it of mold and mildew first.
You are strongly encouraged to perform a thorough home inspection right now and find out if you have mold and mildew in your house. If you see mold and mildew signs, give us a call today and speak with one of our specialists. Keep in mind that very serious mold and mildew problems should only be solved by specialists who have the right equipments. You can greatly endanger your health if you are not wearing protective gear when removing mold and mildew.