A Mold Professional is waiting for your call, not an answering service
Servicing Toronto & the surrounding GTA

Mold Exposure Can Be Dangerous – Here’s Why?


Mold Exposure Can Be Dangerous – Here’s Why?

Last Updated on January 31, 2023

Molds belong neither to plants nor animals, and exist in a very different state as they are a species of Fungi. Unlike most of the species of Fungi, these molds have a tendency of growing by purely depending on the ultraviolet rays of the sun. Adding on, these molds usually hold on to what they eat, that is, they simply grow on what they eat.

Wondering why these molds even grow? This is directly related to the place one is currently residing in. One major issue is the moisture content in the air. Due to excessive moisture in the air, some objects develop a wet coating on them and for the mold to start growing; the object needs to be in this state for about a day or two.

See also  How to Tackle Mold Issues in Your Bathroom: Step-by-Step Guide

As unhygienic and unhealthy as it sounds, it brings with itself, some really hazardous problems and diseases. Here are some of the issues we need to be really careful about:

  1. Asthma: Molds grow in spores and spores create the worst kind of diseases. Spores are the reason why molds get the opportunity of growing. During this process, the spores spill out germs that affect the hygiene of the entire house. Breathing this air that contains such molecules and dirt, the risks of getting asthma are really high.
  2. Coughing: Naturally, as the dirt comes up till your nostrils, what one’s breathing also affects his/her throat. Our throat is like a one way passage for the germs to go in and internally damage everything. Coughing is one such after-effect of accumulation of germs in the throat.
  3. Headaches: This a direct consequence of a growing mold in one’s house. As the germs accumulate in the throat, they travel all the way up to the brain and affect its functioning.
  4. Irritation in the eyes: The eyes react very strongly towards the exposure of these molds. In its presence, the eyes can develop a deathly layer of germs on it that make it watery, red and even itchy.
  5. Skin problems: One of the most harmful effects of molds is on the skin. Skin is the most exposed part of our body, and in the presence of such a hazardous germ growing in the house, our skin tends to break out, gets itchy and super dry. Redness and rashes start appearing on it and it grows eventually.
See also  Are You Affected By Asbestos-Related Diseases Due To Exposure?

As already mentioned, molds don’t need too much to grow on. Just a wet surface and it starts breeding and spreading itself and starts causing dangerous diseases that can eventually develop if the problem of molds isn’t taken care of.

It isn’t an easy task to remove this out of one’s house. A lot of precaution has to be taken in order to meddle with this and so, in order to avoid all of the above mentioned problems, one needs to call special agencies and teams as they have proper machines and technology that can help one get rid of this. For this, the best option is to ring MoldGuys and they would know exactly what to do to help one stop mold’s growth.

See also  A Look At The Detrimental Effects Of Black Mold